If you thought chia puddings were just a Summer thing, I have news for you!
I first made these the other day while the snow was coming in on the mountain and it really hit the spot. Warm, deliciously spiced and comfort food at it’s best.
Chia seeds contain a good amount of fibre, and can protect your body from stress and inflammation.
Here’s the recipe which serves 2.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp chai tea
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- natural or coconut yogurt
- 10 blackberries
For the granola
- 2 Tbs walnuts
- 2 Tbs coconut chips
- 2 Tbs buckwheat groats
- 1 Tbs cocoa nibs
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
What you do:
- To make the pudding, simmer the tea in a pot with the water
- Add the almond milk, honey and vanilla and simmer – then set aside for 10 minutes to steep
- To make the granola, combine all the ingredients and place on a lined tray and bake at 180 degrees for 5 – 10 minutes or until darkened slightly
- Strain the tea and add the chia seeds and stir until combined. Leave fro 10 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken
- To serve, spoon the chia puddings into glasses. Add the yogurt and blackberries. Top with the granola.