I get it. Home organisation and the build up of clutter can become a huge task, especially if you’re not in a regular routine of decluttering. You know, even the most well organised and meticulous house makers struggle with clutter at times. It often can creep up on us when we’re stressed or in a busy season.
By making organisation and decluttering part of your everyday routine, you’ll eliminate that super overwhelming task of sorting out a huge mess!
With a clear space around you, you’ll:
* Save time – not moving things around all the time to clean and find things!
* Save money – Knowing what you have means you won’t double up with purchases.
* Have more clarity – I don’t know about you, but a tidy space helps me think clearly!
* Value what you have and look after the things you love.
Every month or so, I get a big bag in hand and go around every room of the house filling it with
‘Rubbish’! It’s incredible how little bits and pieces end up in draws and seem multiply!
Here is a list of ten things you can throw away right now.
- Leaky travel mugs / unmatched food storage containers / glass jars (Really, how many do we need!)
- Old make up – dried up nail polish
- Old or uncomfortable shoes
- Clothes that don’t fit (Or you haven’t worn in 12 months)
- Old magazines
- Old cables / wires / power cords
- Old cleaning supplies
- Single socks /T shirts that have lost their shape
- Eye glasses with the wrong prescription
- Single earrings, earrings without the backs or earrings that hurt your ears
This is a great start, and from there you might be inspired to declutter your wardrobe, an entire room or the garage!
Start with one space at a time and enjoy the sense of accomplishment when you’re done.
I know this can be challenging, but creating space will bring simplicity to your daily life as you pare back your possessions.
You’ll be able to display the things you love, look after what you have and enjoy the ease of living in a calm, clean home.
Happy decluttering friends.